Wednesday 13 June 2012

Air Nigeria has been grounded by the NCAA

Air Nigeria’s continuing controversies seem to have come to a head.
According to Daily Times: “The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has suspended the operations of Air Nigeria as a result of the strike embarked upon by its engineers and pilots over their remuneration.
“Sam Adurogboye, the NCAA’s spokesman, confirmed the suspension, while responding to enquiries about the current state and performance of the airline.
“The suspension of the operations of Air Nigeria is a routine action that will to enable us (NCAA) to scrutinise the airline before allowing it to start operations again having being on strike for days,” he said, “It is a normal exercise.”
Pilots and engineers of the airline had embarked on the weeklong strike to press for improved conditions of service.


in other news, below is a letter from an angry customer
I'M BRINGING AIR NIGERIA TO THE PEOPLE'S COURT!
 Below is the mail I sent to Air Nigeria. I will post later the unusual response I got.

Hello Mobolaji,
 I thank you for the messages you have been sending to me but I want to lodge a complain through your office. My wife and I together with other passenger had a terrible waiting experience for your airline, Air Nigeria, flight VK 822 from Douala to Lagos on the 15th of May 2012. We waited for almost 8 hours before we could take off from Duoala airport. I missed my appointment in Lagos and got to Lagos the following morning. Some passengers had to sleep at the airport for fear of being robbed on Lagos road at that time of the day. To make the matter worst, there was no one from your stable to apologise to us or to tell us the situation of things. I felt gutted, disrespected and abused by a liner bearing the name of my beloved country. Interestingly, your airline was scheduled to start operating the Lagos-London, London- Lagos route. I wonder, why would you be so ambitious to run that route when the services you give in Nigeria/Africa is appalling. The other bother for me is the troubling thought of why would you be spending so much on advert and PR promising clients quality services that you are not capable of giving. The attitude of some of your stewards is really terrible. They lack manners and not well groomed on ettiquete of serving. On our journey to Duoala on Air Nigeria flight 827, we saw a tray used on the plane bearing Kenya Airline. That was corporately suicidal. Why was there no proper check to ensure your logo is on such item?
 Am not running down your company but telling you the honest truth as an aggrieved client that seeks for your progress.
 I advice you make customer service a top priority in your service. The best way you can get the loyalty of clients is to wears a human face and act responsibly. We cannot because of patriotism allow ourselves to be abused and disrespected wantomly. You can make your airline indeed the choice airline if things are done properly.
 I pray this complain will not be treated with levity.

 Regards,

 Dele Ajakaiye

people....what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment